How not to forget your retainer
Do you ever wake up in the morning and realize that you forgot to wear your retainer at night? If this has only happen once, then don’t worry. Going one night without your retainer is not likely to cause your teeth to move drastically. But if this happens pretty often, you should give our office a call so we can make sure your teeth have not moved out of place.
Austin Orthodontist, Dr. RJ Jackson has some tips for not forgetting to wear your retainer:
- Write down the instructions we give you for wearing your retainer. No matter if you wear it all day or just at night, it is important to just write down and have it as a reminder for you to make sure you wear it.
- Clean your retainer every time you take it out.
- Keep a note on your mirror or in your wallet or purse reminding you to put on your retainer.
- Set an alarm on your phone to remind you to put on your retainer in. You can have it as a daily reminder and have it go off at a certain time.
- Make sure to always keep your retainer inside of its case anytime you are not using it. This will help you from losing it or accidently throwing it away.
- Don’t be shy to ask for help, you can ask your roommate, parents, or siblings to remind you when to put in your retainer.
- Do some research online on how your teeth can shift when you don’t wear your retainers properly. Let those stories motivate you to not make the same mistakes.
If you ever need help or have any questions feel free to call our office and we will be happy to assist you.