Going to class, doing homework, participating in extracurricular activities, and keeping up with friends keeps a teenager quite busy these days. With everything going on, a typical teen is also dealing with self-confidence. For those who need orthodontic treatment but don’t want the traditional metal braces, Invisalign Teen is an excellent choice.
What Is Invisalign Teen?
Instead of involving a complicated nest of metal wire, bands, and brackets, Invisalign Teen uses a series of invisible, removable aligners to bring teeth into their ideal position. It’s just like the adult version of Invisalign, just adjusted for teen needs.
These aligners make it much easier to get through a busy day without the fear of someone teasing the wearer.
What are the Advantages of Invisalign Teen?
Teenagers gain plenty of advantages when they wear Invisalign Teen over traditional metal braces. Let’s look at a few.
- They take less time to manage. Traditional metal braces require the teen to spend a lot of time cleaning them, plus they require periodic visits to the dentist for adjustments. With Invisalign Teen, the aligners come out for eating and cleaning. They also don’t require frequent visits to the orthodontist for adjustments.
- They don’t require going on a restricted diet. Orthodontists typically recommend abstaining from certain foods while wearing traditional braces. These foods can get caught in the braces or could potentially damage them. With Invisalign Teen, there are no such restrictions. The aligner comes out for meals, avoiding potential damage.
- They make it easy to play in the band. Traditional braces make it difficult to play certain instruments due to mouth positioning. It can take some time for a kid to relearn how to play an instrument due to wearing braces. With Invisalign Teen, that’s not a problem. The aligner doesn’t get in the way most of the time. And if it does, it can be taken out temporarily then put back in once done.
- They make it easy to play sports. Traditional metal braces can cause injuries to the inside of the mouth when engaged in sports activities. However, Invisalign Teen involves no wires or brackets that could cause potential injury. It takes the potential injuries out of the equation entirely.
- They are virtually invisible. Traditional braces are quite visible, often resulting in kids being called names like “metal mouth”. This kind of name-calling can erode a teen’s confidence and make it difficult to get through the day. With Invisalign Teen, the aligners are clear and appear virtually invisible to the observer. They allow a teen to do everyday activities without worry about teasing or ridicule.
What Is The Next Step?
If your teenager is interested or needs orthodontic treatment, it’s time to call us about Invisalign Teen. Call our office today to set an appointment. We are here to help your teen find confidence and a healthy smile.